Monday, July 12, 2010

Fill'n N the blanks

Just a quick update since I left everyone, well at least...(all two of my followers) hanging after Elkhorn....


Quite a rainy day in the saddle......about 75 miles into the race.....this is all that remains...except for a group of 6 riders about 2 min up the road.....Jesse Moore played the role of Crazy Horse, giving up his overall and pulling the break back to within a few minutes mostly by himself............then the rest off us raced our wet spandex to the top fo Dooley Mt......about a 2000' climb..mostly 5-6%, beautiful and in the trees......I blew a gasket with about 3 k to go......and came in seventh........Thanks Mom for the warm hug.!





coincidentally I ended up 7th on GC....for my efforts I was awarded a $100.00 bill.......don't I look stoked!
 
Not a great way to make a living......this would help subsidize my greedy portion of  our planets dwindling liquid dinosaurs supply....and a scarce amount of food on the way to nationals immediately after the stage........ !



Check out the winner of the stage, 90lb Chris Hong, made us look like a bunch of Apes....... He put almost 5 min into us on the last climb...and swept the GC.
Before heading to Bend I made sure to tank up on the free locally brewed beer and pizza.  The volunteers put out a huge effort to make the rainy, cold, 40' finish a sweet place to be. Always a fun stage race........most likely I'll be back next year...!

No comments:

Post a Comment