Monday, July 12, 2010

Elite Nationals, Bend OR, 2010



 A first time experience for me.....I had no Idea what to expect.....going head to head with what is supposed to be the best amateurs in the country.......Here are few photos from the TT....and road race........I ended up 12th in each........about 31 seconds off the podium in the TT, and 4 seconds in the road race.......Next year I know what to expect and will have much higher expectations.......should be fun.



Crushing the last bit to the finish......Dumbo helmet in the not so aero position ...that's my 30 second man behind me......we battled the entire 35k for position leap frogg'n each other and...passing 3 or 4 guys in front of us...This jerk pushed me to my limit......and I scored a pretty darn good time because of it...I was really hating him by the end...We gave each other a big pat on the back...!



 The top of the climb up Archie Briggs road........a steep 3-4 min power climb that we scaled 6 times over 100 miles of racing.


 






Entering one of Bends many awesome round-a-bouts...



The finish was a tough one.....I chased down a move with 3k to go.....and then got counter attacked by the eventual 3rd and 4th place finishers.....Blew it big.....and then pulled the 5th place guy to the line...He proceeded to torch  me in the sprint....awesome...

That would be me on the far left.....by the barriers...just plain blew it....!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment