Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Todays ride


3 hours.......with 30min temp 290-330, then 5x6 min @ 400-450......says the coach, mr Craig Upton, .......Yikes it was cold this morning, frost and ice on every windshield. Good thing Ian and I started it off with 4o min of climbing. The '1500 ascent to Pantol is a great way to get warmed up and sweaty while avoiding the cold damp air of the lowlands. Usually by the time we get to the top it has warmed significantly, but not today... By the time we finished blazing the brand new banked and burmed asphalt descent into stinson beach the warmth we had worked so hard for had evaporated. Extracted from our cores it flows like petrol through massive veins and arteries. Drowning electronic fuel injectors as they spew at increasing capacity to propel an oversize SUV burgeoning with children playing X-box fantasy games in the back seat to lunch @ McDonalds. As if that wasn't cold enough, whatever heat we could generate from riding tempo was lost along the frozen lagoon to bolinas....by the time we made it back to stinson to start our first interval we were thawing out, albeit slowly. I would love it if I only had to do two of these intervals, more than that and they just plain suck, especially after being sick, and loosing 5lbs in one week. Upton....I hate being your guinea pig, but you Efing never cease to make me faster. agh!!!!!!!!! 420....415....405......BONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......398 and horrendously sloppy to finish it off. Last time I nailed all of them at about 410watts...but the rath of sickness still lingers and I am weak....I pledge to the Holy chain ring gods and swear to the SRM demons that lurke on my digital display....I will do these @ 430watts............Mark my words....To be continued.......I'm wasted..

No comments:

Post a Comment